The Friends of the Madison Public Library (Friends) are asking for your help in our mission to support the Library. Since 1938, the Friends have helped the Library meet the needs of our dynamic community.
This Annual Appeal, together with our sponsorship of the Drew Minicourses and the biennial Touch-a-Truck community event help us to provide the Library with volunteers, advocacy and funding for special programs, new acquisitions and up-to-date technology.
Your generosity makes a big difference! This year the Friends were able to:
- Help fund the costs of the newly-remodeled Children’s Picture Book Room that includes a filled-in story hour pit, new ceiling, carpeting, shelving, furniture and audio-visual technology extending its use as an all-purpose room.
- Fund an upgrade of the Library’s public WiFi
- Contribute $40,000 to the collection and programming, including funding all costs of the Summer Reading Program in which 658 children read for 384,570 minutes.
- Continue to fund the Museum Pass Program. We added the popular Imagine That!!! A Discovery Museum for Children in Florham Park to our list of 15 museums.
- Partner with the Friends of the Madison Senior Center to fund the 32nd year of the Summer Seminar Series which attracted 745 attendees.
- Fund special projects by matching a Rotary Grant for tablet computers used in database training for adults and for class use in the Children’s Department.
- Continue to support the bi-monthly newsletter and technical assistance for E-newsletters.
You can view the extensive list of Library programs, services and added features by going to the Library website www.madisonnjlibrary.org, and upcoming events sponsored by the Friends on our website here.
The Library is counting on the Friends not only to maintain, but to increase their financial assistance as it moves ahead with the plans to revitalize its public spaces. The Friends are asking for your continued help to make the Library’s projects for 2017 a reality with a fully tax- deductible donation. Your gift at any level: $25, $50, $100 or more – will help to make these improvements a reality:
- Introduction of a new Library website a fast and efficient Self Checkout
- Increase in online and social media presence
- Continued support of the collection that circulates over 200,000 items a year a variety of educational, cultural and technology programs for all ages expanded use of technology, such as the use of on-line registration for Library courses
It is easy to make your donation HERE.
The Friends of the Madison Public Library is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
We thank you for your support and generosity.